You may not be creative enough to write epic blog posts and sales copies that convert. But if you have sharp eyes and the keenness to spot and fix spelling, grammar, and punctuation errors in content, proofreading just might be the kind of job for you.
Being a good proofreader needs more than just having the ability to spot errors in a document. You also need to equip yourself with the right editorial skills required to ensure a write up is good enough to go public.
A better way to learn on your own is to get your hands on Proofread Anywhere, an editorial course created to help you get learn and get the skills you need to become a proofreader and make money out of it.
But is Proofread Anywhere Legit?
Proofread Anywhere is a legit course that equips you with the skills necessary to get you started as a professional proofreader. Ideal for beginners and those who want to sharpen their skills further, you can learn a lot about editing and get the tools you need to become a good editor yourself.
Seeing how popular this course has become, with hundreds of four and five star reviews from different proofreaders, I can only imagine that you won’t find a resource this in-depth anywhere else on the web.
Proofread Anywhere Review
Caitlin Pyle introduces the Proofread Anywhere course to the world with one promise. In my eyes, her goal with the course is a simple as to teach you how to become a professional proofreader and make money spotting errors and correcting grammatical mistakes.
And with hundreds, if not thousands, swearing by the course, it’s undoubtedly clear that this must have been the missing puzzle there once never was in the editorial front.
For what it’s worth, the Proofread Anywhere course is for those who love reading but just can’t get themselves to write. It’s a starting point for those who want to develop a career in the content writing and marketing space without being actual writers themselves.
It doesn’t matter if you suck at writing blog headlines or sales copy ads. Even if you suck at creative writing or simply can’t write a piece without losing the flow, Proofread Anywhere can open up the possibility of another exciting opportunity for you.
What’s Proofreading Anywhere Exactly?
Proofread Anywhere is an online proofreading course created by Caitlin Pyle to help new and professional proofreaders hone their copy editing skills and scale their income potential.
Something interesting about Pyle is that she started proofreading in college. During her time in school, she would edit essays for other students, an engagement from which she gained years of experience, enough to make her qualified to create such a course.
The best thing about this course is that it suits proofreaders of all levels.
It doesn’t matter if you’ve already been editing copies for years, you’re just a few months old in the business, or you don’t have the industry experience yet.
There’s something new and exciting from you to learn from this course.
Proofread Anywhere Controversy
Allow me to let you in on something many of us take for granted:
The internet is full of naysayers, negative vibes, and toxic people who will look at faults in nearly everything they come across. Why? Because they’ve trained their mind to believe that anything sold online, especially if it’s by a less known instructor or business is a scam.
So comes the Proofread Anywhere controversy.
The naysayers might claim that the course is a random composition of content you can find anywhere on the internet.
It’s another way to claim that Pyle created the course only to get your money simply because you are not smart enough to do your research online and find the resources for free.
But the thing is:
Proofread Anywhere comes packed with unique and useful information that you won’t find anywhere else on the web. Or at least you might struggle to find.
And if you’re the kind of person that likes to look it up on Reddit first to determine if it’s worth the money, just take a look at this thread.
Here’s the bottom line:
If you’re serious about start and scaling a career in proofreading, you just might want to consider enrolling in this course.
Try Before You Buy: Is It a Marketing Gimmick?
From where I sit, I’m confident that you’ll never come across such a great offer as far as an educational course is concerned.
So while the try the course before you buy can seem more like a marketing gimmick (and it is), it is the first important step to help you decide whether the course is worth buying into in the first place.
Here, Caitlin Pyle gives you a free version of the course, which you can use to determine whether it’s a good education material for you.
The free workshop is a 76 minutes webinar that gives you a clear peak into the course. It’s in this free workshop that you learn:
- The five signs that helps you to know whether proofreading is the right job opportunity for you
- How you can make proofreading your freedom and security and
- How you can attract clients with much ease
How Much Does Proofread Anywhere Course Cost?
The Proofread Anywhere course comes packed with the information and training that you need to edit copies of all types.
What I particularly find interesting about the course is that it teaches you to proofread all types of content, including blog posts, academic research papers, books, and even sales copies.
Through the rigorous training that isn’t overly technical, and a learning curve that’s suitable for those who’re just getting started, Proofread Anywhere equips you with exactly what you need to grow a career in content editing.
But at what cost is all these?
How much you pay for Proofread Anywhere depends on the course’s level that you choose. Caitlin Pyle divides the course into two:
- Proofread Anywhere Ignite, which costs $397
- Proofread Anywhere Ignite Plus, which costs $497
Note that these are one-time payments, which means there are no any annual subscriptions attached to the course.
What Does Caitlin Pyle Teach in the Course?
The Proofread Anywhere course is a 9-module program where you learn everything you need to start editing any type of content for grammatical errors.
- Module 1: Learn the basics of proofreading as well as the skills you’ll need to get started
- Module 2: Dive deep into setting a proofreading mindset that will help you get started with this line of work.
- Module 3: Learn about the common types of errors to look for in any kind of writing. The module includes practical examples for more clarity and understanding.
- Module 4: Teaches you the four proofreading techniques and includes practical lessons to help you horn your skills
- Module 5: Learn how to start your proofreading
- Module 6: Dive into effective strategies that will help you find clients
- Module 7: Learn how to deal with clients
- Module 8: Learn about the strategies you can use to plan your day and be a more productive proofreader on a daily basis
- Module 9: A roundup of everything you’ve learned in the previous modules
The course also includes two bonus modules, one that introduces you to transcript proofreading and the other that teaches you the concepts that will change your thinking about money.
Is the Proofread Anywhere Accredited?
The Better Business Bureau hasn’t accredited the Proofread Anywhere course. However, that doesn’t mean it’s not a good course.
And given that BBB clearly states that business ratings on their platform aren’t a clear indication of a business performance and reliability, it’s sometimes best to look beyond this platform to make informed decision.
If you have to judge the quality of this course based on anything, then it should be on the students that have actually taken the course.
And it doesn’t matter whether those reviews are good or bad. Negative and positive thoughts on the course can help you to decide whether Proofread Anywhere is the best course for you.
From where I sit, owing to the hundreds of positive reviews I’ve read online, I’m confident that you can find a ton of value from this course if you take the materials seriously.
What You’ll Love About Proofread Anywhere
The following are some of the things you’ll love about the Proofread Anywhere course:
- You learn the art and science of proofreading and how you can use the skills gained in the course to start your own editing business
- It’s a one-time payment type of deal. You pay for the course once and you get lifetime access to all the course materials.
- The step-by-step coaching is good enough to help you learn exactly how to become a proofreader
- It includes real-life examples that will put your skills to rigorous test at different checkpoints
- The course is thorough. The instructor covers the topic in-depth so you get more value out of it.
What Could Be Better About the Course?
Here are a few things that aren’t good about the Proofread Anywhere course:
- The course materials are all in plain text. It would have been great if it included some visual content such as audio and video training
- Some of the information included in the training tend to be quite basic and even easy to find online for free
- Caitlin Pyle doesn’t offer a money-back guarantee policy. Once you login to the course, you’re in. So keep this in mind before you think of enrolling.
As you can see, Proofread Anywhere is a legitimate course that can equip you with the skills necessary to not only become a professional proofreader but also to start your own business as an editor.
Created for beginners as well as those who already have a hand in editing, this is the best resource that you need to edit any type of content, including blog posts, essays, books, and sales copies.
If you want to learn editing or hone your existing skills, then this course will be very useful for you. Plus, you’ll get the tools you need to be a good editor yourself.
The Proofread Anywhere course covers a wide range of topics, including proofreading fundamentals, finding clients, setting prices, marketing your services, and running a successful proofreading business. The course also includes practical exercises and assignments to help students develop their proofreading skills.